Tag Archives: S

Home / Posts tagged "S"

Check Your Tax Code

Do any of your employees have a tax code that starts with a ‘S’?   If so, this means that HM Revenue and Customs think the individual lives in Scotland. As the Scottish Parliament is able to set income tax rates and bands different from the rest of the UK, those with a ‘S’ tax code prefix may be taxed incorrectly if they do not reside in Scotland.


If employees have any query regarding their tax code they can call HM Revenue and Customs on 0300 200 3300 – lines open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 4pm and Sunday 9am to 5pm.